I haven't kept a journal, diary, or blogged AT ALL about my pregnancy, which is really disappointing, because this is my 1st BABY!! I'm soooo excited to be a mother, very anxious, and very scared... My mind is constantly going! It's been such a roller coaster ride thus far, and I think I would be severely regretful if I didn't start documenting some of the symptoms, and most importantly, feelings of what I have been experiencing due to this pregnancy :)
Finding out: I found out that I was pregnant on June 23, 2010. Only to discover that I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant. I was actually quite shocked when I found out. Ryan and I hadn't exactly been TRYING per se, but we weren't preventing either. We both knew that we were ready to have a baby, but we wanted to put it in God's hands and let him figure out the timing for us. We thought that it would take quite a while to conceive, however, because I was suffering chronic and brutal pelvic pains and after getting it checked out by an ultra sound tech, she said one of my ovaries was not producing and it may be difficult for me to get pregnant! Well... lo and behold, apparently just a week or so after, I was pregnant and didn't even realize it! My mom had to be the one to tell me that I could possibly be pregnant after I was complaining non-stop to her one weekend that I was about 2 weeks late on my period and was sooo bloated and tired! Who wouldn't have thought those were pms symptoms?! I'm really not stupid, I promise!! I ended up taking about 4 different pregnancy tests, just to make sure. I bawled each and every time I saw the two bars or the actual "pregnant" on the tests! Ryan would never admit it, but I know he had little tears in his eyes :) So cute!
First Trimester: OHHH My gosh! The first trimester was SO hard for me! I was hardly able to move, with out puking! I laid on my couch or in bed almost the WHOLE summer, just feeling miserable. I had the worst, not morning sickness, but all day sickness. I seriously thought that some days I wouldn't be able to get through it. I just wanted to give up... I was getting bloated, retaining water, shoving food down my throat just to stay healthy every 2 hours, constantly trying to drink water, taking prenatals that made me gag and throw up, AND still try to stay decent looking and keep up on my personal hygiene so my husband didn't go running for the hills haha! Not that he would, he's seriously amazing. I really believe that the only way I got through the first trimester without truly being traumatized forever by pregnancy, is my husband. He was taking care of me 24/7. He would hold my hair back for me while I was worshiping the toilet for hours on end, he cooked for me, cleaned for me (what husband will do the dishes, wipe the counters down, AND vacuum?), and still managed to tell me how beautiful I was! I am such a lucky girl. I thank God for him EVERY day. I also thank God that I was able to get through the first trimester :)
Second Trimester: I am now well into the 2nd trimester, and still feeling a little icky, run down, and nauseous, BUT it is all so much easier to endure now that I've been able to feel my little baby kick. It is the most amazing feeling in the world. I really can't describe the way it feels. My best description is like a little fish in my tummy doing flips and somersaults! Each day I feel the baby, I feel an overwhelming excitement and the full gravity of this miracle inside me. I can't get over that Ryan and I actually made this baby together. I'm starting to love being pregnant, despite the sickness, fatigue, lack of sleep, and nausea. I love seeing my belly grow, and having my husband rub it every time he is with me. Our bond has grown to a much deeper level, and we are so much more in love than i ever thought it possible.
I am back at work full-time now, and am working evenings as well at all the high school athletic events, and it has been pretty tough on me, but it is nice to get up for the day and actually get ready, and feel a sense of accomplishment! Over the summer I started to feel a little depressed, and working has helped take my mind off the hardships of pregnancy, so I have actually really enjoyed being back at work.
We still haven't learned the sex of the baby, but find out tomorrow afternoon!!! I really think it's going to be a girl, but we will know for sure tomorrow I guess!!! Below is a pic of me at 18 weeks pregnant, I'm actually 19 weeks right now, and can't believe I am half way through the pregnancy! Let's pray that it goes by faster than everyone tells me it will!!!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


And tomorrow we get to learn whether we have another gorgeous little girl or a handsome (undoubtedly!) little guy to welcome into the family. We're so excited to learn! So glad Ryan can be with you for that. That's a precious time for the two of you together. I pondered whether to change my schedule to be there or not, and your mom and I agreed it was better for the two of you to share that momentous event together. We love you two, and are so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteOh Amanda I couldn't be happier for you two! Caden is the most amazing thing that ever happened to us. I cannot imagine him not in our lives. Life is so much better now! I truly can't wait for you to experience this. You'll be an amazing mother! Have so much fun taking a peek at your little one tomorrow. Oh and don't forget to update us on the results. :)
ReplyDeleteumm, you barely look pregnant at 19 weeks! You look GREAT and I hope, hope, hope you are feeling better. Sometimes you wonder why women get pregnant a second time after all the sickness. I suppose a new little angel is worth it...:) Please update more. I want to keep up on you and your family. Miss you!
ReplyDeletexoxoJoSue