Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Summer of fun (and many expenses)
It's almost sickening how long it's been since I've posted anything on here... I even deleted it for a while....but this summer, I actually have some things to post, so I am a little excited to get them posted!! Ryan and I have had an incredible summer. I am not used to having summers off and getting paychecks every month, so this has been one of the best summers ever!! This has definitely been a vacation filled with mini vacations!! Right before summer started, Ryan's sister Jenn invited us to Disneyland for a weekend, so that was vaca #1, after that I went to visit her again for about 5 days in Vegas, which was one of the best times I've had in my life, I just love her to death and feel very blessed to get her as my sister-in-law (vaca #2). THEN, we were invited by the Walkers and the Federico's to take a 4 day camping trip to Pine, which was quite an adventure!! Unfortunately the Federico's weren't able to attend due to a very unexpected death in their family (our love and our prayers have been going out to them ever since). So we went camping with the Walker family, who we love! Their family is our family pretty much, so we had a WONDERFUL time. We got a place right on the river, it was incredible! (vaca #3). The Tuesday following, we headed to Orlando to visit my big brother, Jakey, and his family. Words can't descsribe how much fun we had. It was incredibly fun, as well as incredibly meaningful. (vaca #4). I can't wait to go back!! I miss them soo much already. Each night we were there, I cried thinking of when I had to say goodbye to my precious Addi, and to Jake & Tessles. It just broke my heart. The night we said goodbye I cried myself to sleep and cried the WHOLE way home. Poor Ryan had to put up with the pitiful sobs for nearly 13 hrs!! He was such a trooper though!! Anyway, that's just my summer in a nutshell ( we had many more mini mini vacations to Pocatello to visit friends and family, and were able to have some visitors of our own here in Twin). Below are some pics that I felt worthy of posting!!
We got to go to Epcot Center at Disneyworld, it was AMAZING!!! Everyone needs to experience this!!
I am a HUGE Beatles fan, and in the "UK", they had a band called The British Invasion, that impersonates the Beatles and their music. They were so good, I was very impressed!
It was tough for us to leave the UK, since Jake served his mission there, it was pretty cool there. We even got a Galaxy bar!!! The best chocolate ever made I swear, and we have never been able to find it here in the states. Jake was bursting with joy hahah!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE CATCHING UP ON YOUR LIFE! I'm so glad you had a great summer and so many fun trips. By the way you get more beautiful with age. Seriously, you could win any beauty pageant. You and Ryan look so happy ! I've been to Twin a few times, but always for fast trips. By the Mr. Frederico was my sister's teacher and she loved him. Great family. Who's the Walkers? I know lots of them in Twin. I hope to see you very soon.
ReplyDeletegood to hear from you again Manda! You look awesome!
ReplyDelete