Thursday, April 14, 2011

A lot to fill you in on.........

So my beautiful baby Claire has finally arrived. I know am so completely overdue in blogging and new posts, but oh my, I can't believe how my life has turned upside down! I'm lucky to get my teeth brushed, let alone put a new post on my blog ;)

Claire decided to come on February 5, 2011 at 11:04 am. She weighed 7lbs 3oz and measured 21" in length. She came out with TONS of beautiful black thick hair and amazing olive colored skin. To my surprise she had NO cone head and the swelling was minimal. She looked even more beautiful and perfect than I ever could have imagined.

I had an amazing delivery experience. My water broke at about 2:15 am. Ryan and I were fast asleep in bed, when his knee decided to poke me in the back, I got upset and changed positions (after scolding him a bit). Then I felt a little trickle as I changed positions in bed. I figured that was my body's way of telling me to go to the bathroom, as I got up, I felt a huge gush and raced to the bathroom.... YUP my water broke! I was freaking out, and was yelling at Ryan to get up and get ready to go 'cause it was BABY TIME! He just kind of rolled around in bed and was like "are you sure?" UGH "YES I'M SURE!! GET UP"! haha, it was so exciting and crazy and emotional and sweet all at the same time. I arrived at the hospital and was greeted by a wheel chair to take me up to my labor and delivery room. The nurses had me walk the halls for about an hour or so to help the labor process along because I was only dilated to maybe a 2 or 3 at that point. The walking didn't do much, so they put me on Pitocin. After which, I felt the waves of contractions big time! I couldn't believe the amount of pain I was in...I went through about 7 1/2 hours of the painful contractions, and then was able to get the epidural.....whoa what a lifesaver!! After the epidural, I pushed for about an hour and a half and out came beautiful Claire!! An experience I will cherish forever and hold dear in my heart. I could never fathom the amount of love I felt for her at that very moment, and the love has only grown stronger and deeper. I thank God for her each and every day and feel like the luckiest mommy in the whole world to have been given such an amazing little spirit. She smiles at me all the time and melts my heart over and over again! She rarely cries or fusses, and sleeps a whole 8 hours through the night!! What did I do to deserve such an amazing baby!?!? Here are a few fun pictures and videos of her. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment