Sunday, November 28, 2010

Knock on Wood!

I am now in my third trimester, THANK GOODNESS! I can't believe I've finally made it this far.... when I first found out I was pregnant, and just in the first 4-5 weeks of pregnancy, the third trimester seemed light years away! But here I am, and I feel just about ready to pop! It's so surreal to me still, to see such a huge mound growing on me! I've gained about 20 lbs this far into the pregnancy, and yet it feels like 50. My back aches pretty bad, as well as my joints, and the worst part is that the baby's favorite position just so happens to be resting on my sciatic nerve... ahhhh the anguish!! 

However, besides the few aches and pains and the discomfort of the extra weight.... I feel so very fortunate that I haven't had some of the more common side effects that a lot of pregnant women experience this far into pregnancy. I don't get very swollen, if I do, it's in my fingers and very slight. I also can sleep pretty great WITHOUT a pregnancy pillow! All the pillows around me make me feel so claustrophobic and it makes trying to sleep more uncomfortable. I fall asleep pretty hard, especially with Ryan reading to me every night :). I haven't had any problems with constipation, OR hemorrhoids.... I don't know how I would manage dealing with those.... and I still only have to get up once at night to go to the bathroom!! I really feel that God has blessed me during this pregnancy... I think he knows how big of a wuss I am, so he's taking it easy on me :) so, keep wishing me luck and KNOCK ON WOOD that these symptoms don't arise hahah!

As for what's new for me, I am still working like a crazy woman, some days I work close to 12-13 hours a day, without a nap, and I feel completely exhausted all the time. I've been trying to stay decently active and I was doing a pretty good job of it when Ryan was staying late each night after work to coach football. I was able to get a 3-4 days a week of walking on the treadmill, but since Basketball has started I have him home more often and I would rather spend the time with him, instead of on the treadmill :) As I get closer to the end, I have been taking full fledged advantage of  any and all time I get alone with him. I'm so scared that things will be so different between us once the baby is born. I know our relationship will be only stronger and more solid once we have the baby, but I know that as of right now I need to really appreciate what we have for the time being (despite my extreme impatience and wanting the baby RIGHT NOW!!)

I've almost got the nursery all done, I am just missing my baby dresser, and a few finishing touches. I can't wait to get it all done so I can post it and show it to everyone! I love decorating and hope it turns out pretty cute. I've also been feeling the urge to cook and bake.... I've never had so much fun in the kitchen before!! I've baked a couple different types of rolls, tons of cookies, and candies.... It's not good for my bulging figure.... but I just can't help myself! I just love baking!! I don't eat too much of what I bake, so Ryan has been accusing me of baking yummy things to fatten him up, so I feel better about myself!! haha, he may have a good point ;). Anyway, I don't have many pics to post, except my 28 weeks picture and my 30 weeks picture:


 28 Weeks Pregnant


30 Weeks Pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment